SeaHouse Imagery – Serving the Creative Industry
Meeting the demand for visual marketing
Just popping into your inbox to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2020!!! I hope your holiday break is filled with much love and laughter!
While I’m reflecting on the year that’s ending and planning goals for next year, I want to T H A N K - Y O U for your kindness in supporting SeaHouse over the past year. Whether it was in person, e-mail or you followed, liked a post or took time to comment on Instagram, Pinterest, DM's, became a valued member, used a freebie or visited the SeaHouse online store. I am SO incredibly grateful that you took your precious time to be social!
Moving forward into a new decade with the beginnings of 2020 the "styled stock" industry continues to emerge as visual content is an even higher priority for marketing and advertising. I want to make sure that SeaHouse continues to adapt to best serve you. As the industry is growing I am also developing better skills and expect the SeaHouse Stock Library to further flourish as well. The quality in my stock library is more professional than when I first started this venture and I can say SeaHouse is definitely delivering a better product for you. I continue to have lots of new ideas for the future year… so stay tuned!
My primary goal has always been to help you or your business GROW by providing instant, affordable, professional images, with a coastal inspiration. As you prepare your business for new challenges, risks and growth in the upcoming year, if you haven’t already done so, try our styled stock photography and easily build your brand or style around stunning, C O A S T A L images… inspired by the Sea! Here’s a link to our Online Store for you to browse at your leisure: SeaHouse Imagery Online Store
New images and styles are being added regularly to the store. Styled images, some with popular text, included, saves you heaps of time and gives you more time to work on other exciting and profitable aspects of your business! You will also find some images with white space for overlaying your own marketing messages or inspirational quotes. These images can be used as is, or customised for all your social media platforms, web pages, newsletters, advertising, blog posts and lots of other uses!
This one is from our latest Styled Desktop Bundle and has proven to be very popular! Click here
Browse Bundles or on the image and it will take you to our latest bundles.
You now have a much greater choice in selecting stock photos as there are many providers and that is wonderful for individuals and business owners. There is room for all of us! Elevate and Enhance, your brand or style with versatile, styled stock photos from SeaHouse Imagery! Remember, not all Styled Stock Photos have to be the SAME! SeaHouse Imagery, stock photos have a unique COASTAL theme!
Thank you again for your continued support throughout this past year. I look forward, again in 2020, to continue to provide YOU with more stress-free relaxed vibes and of course, to help you easily grow your business and social media platforms with C O A S T A L images that you want and are of course inspired by the Sea!
Happy Holidays and I hope you all have an amazing and most of all happy 2020!
If you have any questions, want custom made images and/or quotes ready-made, I am happy to help. Just reply to this email!
Till next time… Much Love,
Are you an avid planner for your social media layouts or are you more of a post as how you are feeling with no real planning?
This blog post is for you if you want to know how to go about planning your feed, how to achieve a consistent theme, or if you just need inspiration to create a successful Instagram feed.
Visual appeal is one of the key factors in making or breaking your Instagram success as well as highlighting your first impression to viewers. Use Instagram to develop a strong visual brand strategy that sets you apart from your competitors and helps your business grow.
Here’s all the tips and tricks to create a great looking Instagram grid!
1. Tiles or Checkerboard
The most popular way to use the tiles or checkerboards layout is by alternating between posting a photo and a quote and to use a consistent font and background in your quotes. This gives your feed a consistent, coherent look and feel – perfect for branding!
It can be just like laying tiles in your renovations and is showcased in the photo below. Choose any colour for the background however, you must use it consistently. To keep true to your authenticity mix professional photos with your personal photos.
Using colour is a very effective way to create a memorable gallery. A few examples are alternating prominent colours and alternating between dark and light or white backgrounds.
2. Horizontal Lines
This layout is created, mostly to showcase landscape photography, by posting 3 consecutive interconnected images. For example, you can use linear layouts for storytelling and for featuring whole pieces of artwork or products. Display one row to share photos related to a location, a particular style or mood, a photo shoot or a story, such as fashion, a hobby or a particular product.
The three images are spread across the 3 squares, making the combined split images appear as one photo, or one theme, split into 3, like the middle row in the image below.
3. Vertical Lines
For this layout you are effectively creating an entire column of words or quotes running vertically down your feed, with the aim of keeping your followers scrolling down through your feed.
To achieve this layout, as shown below, post one photo, then an image comprising of a quote, then post two photos and then another image comprising of a quote and continue in this format.
You will most likely be planning your feed in advance as you will need to be quite creative and well organised.
4. A Jigsaw Puzzle
A Puzzle theme is when all your photos are linked together to form a bigger image. For this layout to be achieved, it involves placing 9 photos to create, in effect, a jigsaw puzzle. See example in below image. It entails careful planning and is most effective to showcase marketing campaigns, as the sheer size of 9 photo posts, as opposed to one photo post, is visually significant.
5. Colour Schemes
An Instagram layout grid using a consistent colour palette is achieved by choosing a specific filter or a particular featured colour scheme. Repeating the colours or filters in your posts will give a consistent look and feel to your feed, which will create important branding consistency. Showcase your brand by using a colour theme unique to you! It will be visually appealing, authentic to you and most likely increase your followers.
6. White Borders
Choosing to create a layout using thick white borders between each image posted makes your overall feed stand out amongst the many Instagram users, as it displays a distinct difference from the usual thin, white lines which is the default for Instagram layouts.
This theme is popular for posting a mix of images rather than one type of photo. White borders add space between your photos and so each image stands out on its own. It is not necessary to post similar images. See the image below.
This layout is achieved when all the images are placed in a haphazard way across the screen and each image appears to flow or be amalgamated into the adjoining images, giving the impression that the whole screen is filled and the illusion that the image is ‘fused’ together.
“Across-the-Grid” layout requires meticulous planning and thought and is most likely the hardest Instagram layout to achieve. Often referred to as an Instagram collage, this is one for the Creatives who love combining and joining images in a unique, creative way. This style has the increased potential for visual acceptance from your followers and customers.
These are just a few of the themes or styles you can set up for your feed. Remember, there are so many different Instagram themes you can create – tiles, colours or black and whites, borders or no borders, bright or dark moods, vertical or horizontal, puzzles or across-the-grid styles. There are many others and it is really up to your imagination! All images in this post are from SeaHouse Imagery!
Don’t forget, your Instagram theme reflects who you are and what you love and represent! There are no rules, or right or wrong styles. The secret to a successful Instagram gallery is to be yourself, stick to your style and your authenticity will shine through.
I’m hoping you learn something new from this blog post and give your Instagram gallery a spring clean or a refreshing new style. Love to hear your feedback so please comment below and come say Hi on Instagram whenever you like! You’ll find me @seahouseimagery
Till next time... Much Love! Deb x
Hi There Friends, Designers, Girl Bosses and Fempreneurs,
If you've got a minute, take a seat and join me for a virtual coffee, tea, cocktail or wine, I won't take up much of your time!
This blog post is all about Mood Boards... Keep reading for some awesome news about my latest Collection in the SeaHouse shop and how it just might help you! I hope you are going to find this amazing for your business and your clients. I had this idea and I just can't wait to share it with you all... I haven't seen this before, so who knows it may just be a FIRST for SeaHouse Imagery!
- A mood board can also be known as an inspiration board.
- A mood board is a physical or digital collage of ideas, consisting of images, textures and text, all composed around a related topic.
- Mood boards are commonly used in industries like interior design, fashion and graphic design.
- A Mood board is an important step in a design project and its creation is very valuable for ideas for designers, as so many clients say “I’ll know it when I see it”. Mood boards bring that “idea” to life.
- Designers are able to convey, moods and feelings (by creating mood boards) that visions sometimes can’t express. It’s about capturing thoughts, impressions, themes and feelings in a collage intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept.
- It is best to get your clients involved early in the design project, as ideas at the beginning, establishes the aesthetic feel of a project.
- Visuals convey ideas and features that words often cannot express. Using photography style, colour palettes (like the pic below, photo credit Pinterest), typography and patterns, complement the overall look and feel of a design project.
- Fashioning beautiful, simple mood boards make for sharing ideas and inspiration, with clients, quickly and easily.
- Collages can convey moods such as light, dark, glossy, slick, modern, hard, edgy, aggressive, soft, muted, layered, textured, elegant, colourful, rough, sketchy, dull or bright.
- Mixing mood board elements in with your presentation can be an effective way of communicating your concept to a client.
- Fabric swatches and paint chip samples can be grouped together on posters for interior design and for trends and styles, particularly in fashion.
- Designers use specific styles, feelings or themes and by creating powerful and effective mood boards this can determine the significance, or impact, of telling your brand’s story.
- My mood board collection (like the pic below) is created for designers and individuals, and is a collection of visual elements all related to a central design theme, that is “Coastal Inspiration”.
- Don’t spend your time wasting hours sifting through inspirational image galleries, web sites, books, magazines or social media looking for the perfect images for your mood boards on concepts your clients may not like.
- Having a mood board already created for you increases your chances of winning more clients, by not having to spend precious time playing around with software and fashioning mood boards.
- Text (already included in some of the SeaHouse mood boards) will set the theme for drama, tone and meaning for your projects; and comprises such examples as Summer, Love, New Blog Posts, Beach Time, That Summer Feeling, But First Coffee, Grateful and Travel ; all very much coastal inspired!
- Using professional imagery will be well worth it to sell your vision, convey your design and consequently win you more pitches!
- Use my completed, coastal inspired, mood boards to take to your designer - it will save you and your designer time and dollars, and we all know a few dollars here and there adds up to a good coffee or wine!
- Join up and all Mood Board images from the SeaHouse Mood Board Collection (and my whole stock library, including exclusive, Member’s only photos) will be instantly available to you at no extra cost – only one low investment/year. It’s a great deal, you don’t want to miss - That will put you in a good MOOD!
Thanks for stopping by!
If you don't have time, ability or inclination to take your own stock photos, join SeaHouse and you can be downloading right away, choose from hundreds of stock! A great investment of one yearly payment or flexible monthly payments! Grab your coastal stock… that is… Inspired by the Sea!
Till next time... Much Love! Deb x